History

Find us on facebook

In 1969 a beautiful dairy farm was discovered by several sportsmen living in the Chicago land area that were looking for a place to run their bird dogs. The original parcel consisted of 320 acres of rolling farm land that had an unusual amount of character compared to the surrounding agricultural ground. Over the next few years, grasses, food plots and trees were planted, two ponds were excavated, and trap range and kennel facilities were added.

 

In 1970 the club incorporated as Green Acres Sportsman’s Club, and officially began offering hunting memberships. For over 25 years the club was managed as a basic sportsman’s club that offered upland hunting, flighted mallard shooting, trap shooting, and hunting dog training. As the years went on the old dairy farm land matured into a true natural hunting setting and was considered to be one of the best hunting parcels in its area.

 

 

History

 

In 1997, the club underwent a change of management. A young couple named Dan and Cindy Ihrke took over and they have been there since. Their dream was to enhance the beautiful property and add more amenities in order to make Green Acres a well-rounded sporting facility. They slowly began piecing together their dream, adding a beautiful clubhouse, a sporting clays course, and a mallard hunting marsh. Also, two more adjacent parcels of land were added to the hunting facility, bringing the total available hunting ground to over 1000 acres.

 

Dan took over the dog training duties and quickly discovered that he possesses a rare talent. Through the last 15 years he has generated an excellent reputation, and has made the club a regional destination for those interested in having their hunting dogs trained.

Green Acres has developed into a truly well balanced hunting facility, offering the bird hunter virtually anything he may desire.